Monday, September 5, 2011

First Football Game :) U of A vs. NAU

Drew's first home game was this past weekend and it was a blast!! We had a lot of family come down to to the game; it is so awesome that we have such supporting families! It was a bit of a learning experience as far as parking, tickets, and seating goes but now that we have that figured out, the rest of the games should be much easier. It was so cool to see Drew playing in that big stadium in front of all those people. I couldnt believe it was the same man that I've seen play in high school, and junior college, and now a University! I am so proud of him and all he's done to get to this point. He is the starting Tight End and works really hard every day to be the best player he can be. 
As for me, I am struggling with being a "football widow". It takes sooo much time away from our "us" time. I hardly even get to see him, especially with my work schedule. Its been hard but I know this is only the beginning so I need to get used to it and buck up!! I just miss him a lot but I know that its for the best...
He has a few big games coming up including Oklahoma State this week, then Stanford and Oregon coming up in the next few weekends! It is an exciting time of year and I love being able to spend it with our families. Here are a few pics from the weekend... :)








No comments:

Post a Comment